This website has been designed to support anyone studying ICT/Computing
I have been teaching ICT for a number of years, not just in primary but also in further education, I wanted to provide supportive information for students and teachers.
Since completing a degree in computer science, I went on to teaching and have done this for almost 6 years now. I started teaching computing in a primary school and now teaching ICT/Computing in a college to 16-24 year olds. I have therefore developed resources to support development of ICT skills.
Qualifications obtained through college and Open University
- Level 4 Certificate in Information Technology and Computing
- Level 4 Certificate in Computing and Mathematics
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support Teaching and Learning
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (Teaching Qualification)
- Level 6 Diploma in English Language Studies
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Open (Content – Computing and Technology)
Kathy Hedges – Cert IT & Comp (Open), Cert Comp Maths (Open), Dip ELS(Open), DipET, BSc (Open)
The ICT qualification
Anyone achieving the ICT Functional Skills certificate, will show employers that they have efficient ICT skills as well as showing them that they have the ability to work independently with any ICT task.