In todays world, we need to keep our children and ourselves safe online. Knowing the risks and how to stay safe is important. Here are some great websites to support further knowledge.
Students and pupils need to also understand how to keep themselves safe from radicalisation. Many children can be playing games online and be drawn in to unacceptable online activity without realising what they are doing.
Supportive training for teachers and parents about Internet safety.
The 2 Johns specialise in delivering bespoke CEOP training to professionals. Well worth attending any training event for Internet safety.
- Visit the e-safety training website
The new Pokemon Go
Great advice from the NSPCC – keeping children/adults safe, whilst playing the new game.
Things to remember!
- Do not give out any personal information online.
- Think before posting pictures or videos of yourself – once they are online they will be there forever. Prospective employers will look you up in the future!
- Check your privacy settings – are they set to the highest?
- Never give out your passwords.
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
- Always respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views. Remember to always be polite.
- Think before you post!